This small tutorial shows you How to add your website to Google Search. you can add your website in google search using Google Search Console. It is easy to add your website to Google Search Console. This will take some of the steps described below. Here, we will guide you on the process. Firstly, you need to have a Google Search Console account. Don’t have an account? Sign up now for Google Search Console. Once you verified with google account owner, you can follow the steps below:
Adding your website to Google Search includes below stages :
- Since you are logged into your google account. Click here Google Search Console . If you are logged out, then first you login to your google account and then click the link.
- Choose URL Prefix and Enter your website URL as https://www.yourwebsitename.com/. Please make sure you enter your complete URL.
- Click the arrow on HTML tag, copy the HTML tag.
- Highlight the entire meta tag code. Right click on the highlighted tag and click on ‘Copy’ or use the copy shortcuts ctrl-c on Windows or cmd-c on Mac.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard
- On the left-hand side, you will see a menu. In that menu, click on ‘SEO’.
- The ‘SEO’ settings will expand providing you with additional options. Click on ‘General’.
- This page has all the fields to past the verification codes for the various webmaster tools.
- Paste the HTML tag and click on save changes.
- Come back to Google Search Console and click Verify. If all the above steps are success, you should be able to see the success page.
I hope by now you would have fixed the issues. You can checkout our other blogs on the Jenkins
About the Author
Pawan Sinha is a blogger whose interests in writing blogs on a day to day issues for any engineer working for a software company. To discuss his work, He has a background in Testing/DevOps/Engineering/Cloud/AWS/GCP. His portfolio.